Ads 468x60px

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Weekend in Review

What a wonderful weekend it was! I took Friday off work at the restaurant to have a date night with Marshall. We ended up going to "Bring Your Own Chicken Night" at my aunt and uncle's house. It's become kind of a tradition that my aunt will randomly text my cousins and me to come over for dinner and we all bring our own prepared chicken and my uncle will barbecue all of it. It's basically just another excuse for my family to get together, and that is never a bad thing.

Me with the actor who played Dr. Frank-N-Furter.
After that, we went to a midnight production and showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Ventura Theater! It was one of the classic shows where they had live actors acting the movie out while the film played on a big screen. People were dressed up, and everyone was singing along and throwing props and reciting lines. We love the movie, but it was our first time attending a live show. It definitely won't be our last though! It was a fun night of drunken debauchery... couldn't have been better!

Saturday I worked at the restaurant from 2pm-10pm. We were finally busy again! January has been a slow month, so it was nice to be running around instead of standing around like I have been for the past couple weeks.

   Today, I led worship at church in the morning, then Marshall and I went to the Santa Barbara Zoo! My cousin and her husband, Kaity and James, got me a membership for my graduation that allows me to go as many times as I want for free for a year, and I can also bring a guest for free. It was one of the best gifts I've ever received... I love the zoo! I seriously turn into a five-year-old every time I enter the gates. The aforementioned James works at the zoo, in the animal kitchen, so he met up with us and gave us a tour of the kitchens, and took us to the giraffe deck to feed the giraffes! It was so fun and amazing! The weather here continues to be amazing, so it was a perfect and beautiful day at the zoo.

 





 


All in all, an idyllic weekend. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews